Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sixth Grade Shakespeare

One of my Favorite Things about 6th Grade is Shakespeare. Blake is my fifth child to be in 6th grade and like his older brothers is loving Shakespeare. Mrs. Johnson is an amazing teacher and is the biggest reason my children love it. While studying Shakespeare the children (and parents) learn about Elizabethan England. Blake has been part of the cast system and has moved up from being a serf to a knight. He has made his own Coat of Arms and other projects. But the best part about Shakespeare is being able to perform! Today was Dress Rehearsal and I got the opportunity to take pictures of the production. I love having a digital camera because I took nearly 300 pictures today. Here are some of my favorites of Blake:

Cassius in "Julius Caesar"

Nick Bottom & Titania

"Macho Man" as part of Shakespeare

Nick Bottom as Pyramus

"A Play with a Play"
A Midsummer Night's Dream

0 comments: