Saturday, June 7, 2008

Our First Week of Summer!

Our first week of summer arrived and it was full of adventures
(most of them not forced this time!)
Brad was off to EFY with his friend Colin.
Brad had a great time at BYU --
and I think his favorite part of EFY was
being able to escape his family and chores for a week!
He says it was the testimony meeting.
Blake had his Birthday and we celebrated with gifts
and going to see the new Indiana Jones movie.
Later in the week, Blake and his Buddies went to Laser Quest!
Gwen went with me to drop Brad at EFY. We decided to visit the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers Museum in Spanish Fork. Both Harold and I have ancestors that helped settled Spanish Fork in the 1850's. Gwen and I found several pictures of our ancestors in the Museum.
Our biggest find was a Cannon made by Harold's
Great Great Grandfather Robert McKell.

I love Family History and discovering new things about
the great people in our Family who went before us!
It was a great way to start the summer and
Here's to more adventures over the coming months.

2 comments:

youreprettytoo said...

Have we only had one week of summer?!? I swear it has been longer. Your sharing time was so great on Sunday. It made me motivated to share more family history with my kids and to discover more. I really belive it has the ability to make kids feel more connected to who they are. Thanks. I want to be like you when I grow-up! ;)

Nanci said...

Dang, how do you do it? How do you keep track of all those kids! It looks like you're doing a good job of keeping them from getting bored. You are such a great mom . . . something to work towards.