Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shakepeare Festival

This week was the Shakespeare Festival
at the Elementary School
Gwen has the most amazing teacher ~ Mrs. Johnson.
(She is the one teacher that ALL of my children have had.)
Shakespeare is this teacher's passion
and the students performed their plays this week.

Gwen was Beatrice in "Much Ado About Nothing."
She did a wonderful job showing her distain for Benedick. . .
until she discovered he loved her too
with "bands" to hold their love together!
Gwen even got to wear a disguise
while she was eavesdropping!

The entire 6th grade did a Great Job!!!
And the curtain falls on my last Shakespearean Festival!
(And after my long hours of helping, I need a rest!)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great experience. I sure wish my kids understood and enjoyed shakespeare more

youreprettytoo said...

The Shakespeare plays really were cool. Maybe next year I can be more like you and go in and actually help with them. Gwen looks great and I really like how well her nail polish matches her dress! I;m sure she was a cunning and coy Beatrice!;)

Julie said...

I love it!! This is one tradition you have at Longview that I envy. What an awesome opportunity for your kids.