I know I have been delinquent in blogging the month,
but I thought I would catch things up.
Ben and Alyse joined us for our family vacation this year.
We wish Bry & Sarah could have come too,
but their schedules would not allow it.
And Brad was the reason we headed to Upper State New York.
After arriving in Rochester, we started our trip
with a four hour drive to Kirtland, Ohio.
We visited the sites there including the Temple
and the Newel K. Whitney Store.
We also visited some places that were of importance
to the Dixon Family (Harold's Mother's Family)
This is Hyrum Smith's Home in Kirtland which the Dixons
bought and lived in until 1862 when they came to Utah.
Some of Harold's ancestors, the Wightmans,
are buried in the cemetery next to the Temple.
We also traveled to Hiram, Ohio
and the John Johnson Home.
It was in this room that D&C 76 was given
where Joseph Smith and Sydney Rigdon
saw Christ and God the Father.
It was out this door that Joseph Smith was
dragged, tarred and feathered.
We visited Isaac Morley's Farm and the site of
the school house where many spiritual events occurred.
The Morley Farm also had the fanciest bathrooms
we had ever seen in a trailer!
Our trip then took us to Palmyra, New York
and the Hill Cumorah.
We were able to spend about an hour with
Brad who was on the Work Crew for the Pageant.
We went to the Palmyra Temple,
the Sacred Grove,
E. B. Grandin's Print Shop and other church history sites.
I also made the family visit the Erie Canal
since the Book of Mormon would never
have been printed without it!
Our trip wasn't all "spiritual" --
Ben made us go Disc Golfing several times.
And we had lots of fun in our Canadian minivan
that only had the speed in kilometers and
no air conditioning in the back!
| Ben, Alyse, Blake, Gwen, Lori & Harold |
It was wonderful to be with most of our family
and share some very special and inspiring experiences.
I am so grateful for my testimony of the Restored Gospel
and the Savior that loves each one of us.


0 comments:
Post a Comment