Tuesday, November 25, 2008

MOHAWK HAIR!

To preface this post, I need to say that I love my all children ~ some times I love them more than other times! (Just kidding!) I think I have six great children who each have amazing talents and abilities that surpass their parents. In many ways they make parenting easy for Harold and I as they do their best in school, work hard at their jobs and are all very self motivated.
That is not to say my children are perfect. They are normal kids and many times do not do the things that I want them to do.
I also need to say that of all the stages from newborn to adult, I have found the most challenging stage for me not to be the "terrible twos," but the age from 14-16 years old. My fourth son is now that age and just like his three brothers before him, he is pushing his parents to the limit.
Bradley played football this fall for Murray High School. While we were in Hungary, the team had their last game. In the name of "Team Unity" the players decided to shave their heads into Mohawks! Bradley joined some the team members in this adventure. Lucky for him I was on the other side of the world! We were warned and I had calmed down some before we returned home. I was especially upset because we had a family portrait scheduled just 3 weeks after he cut his hair. Fortunate for Brad his hair grows fast.

It took me a while to get these pictures from my children, but here they are for your enjoyment!
(I think I need to teach Brandon a little bit about
photography and picking the right background!)
Okay it could have been worse!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Uh Yeah...it could have been worse!!!
Your family portrait turned out beautifully!
Have a happy Thanksgiving...we'll miss you!

Nanci said...

Yeah, a new family picture! You all look great. Isn't it great to have them all together? Okay, at least it grew back fast. Like you said, it could have been worse.

JoRae aka Lolae said...

Okay, seriously that is the ugliest most hideous picture of piercings and tattoos on a face that I have ever seen. The mohawk does not even compare. Although I would say that the mohawk is a little worse than my 3 year old choosing to cut her own bangs. I almost cried.

Laura said...

I love your new family photo. Where were you? We did a new on too. I need to blog it.

Melanie said...

Way scary!!!!!!