
This has been a busy end of summer and fall for canning.
This canning season I have bottled:
Raspberry Jam
Strawberry Jam
Blackberry Jam
Plum Syrup
Grape Juice
Applesauce
Apple Pie Filling
Tomatoes
Chili Sauce
Many of my friends and neighbors
have been very generous with their harvests this year.
I have filled every bottle in my possession
and had to buy 48 more bottles this week.
Harold helped with the apple pie filling this week
and he was very anxious that I take a picture.
Canning is a lot of work, but aren't the results beautiful!


3 comments:
Wow Lori, I'm so impressed! And I don't know about you, but every time I can something (which I don't do near as much as you!) I leave it on the counter for at least a few days because I just love to look at it.
That's the best part of canning.
Hi Lori, Do you have a good recipe for Chili Sauce? It is one of my most favorite things, but I haven't found a recipe I love! Also, I've never done apple pie filling. What a great idea! I'll have to remember that one!
And you are right, there is nothing better than to just look at all those wonderful bottles on the shelf!
Renee
Post a Comment