As a child, my mother taught me many things.
When I saw this comic it made me chuckle because
my mother taught me that I would be picking out
my sewing with my nose if I did it on Sunday--
therefore I don't sew on Sunday!
Here are some of the other "gems" my mom taught me:
A son is a son til he takes him a wife,
A daughter is a daughter all of her life!
(This one has not prove true for me--
I didn't lose any sons,
but got 2 new daughters.)
Patience is a virtue,
Catch it if you can.
It's seldom found in woman
and never found in man!
My mom is a great lady and I love her very much.
I see myself becoming more and more like her all the time.
(I am not sure if I like that or not.)
I hope that I am teaching my children
the things they need to know in life.
And most important that they NEVER sew on Sunday!



0 comments:
Post a Comment