Sunday, June 2, 2013

It's My Birthday!!!

 
A few years ago when it was Gwen's Birthday,
she kept requesting all kinds of things
and justified it by saying "It's my Birthday!"
It has become a family joke when someone
really wants something and is whining about it
to say "It's my Birthday!"

Today is Blake's Birthday!
What a wonderful kid he is!
We love Blake for a variety of reasons--
1.  He wears a BYU shirt everyday!
2.  He practices the piano without much fuss.
3.  He is quite the spiritual guy.
 
4.  He grows a wicked Mexi-stache.
4.  He makes his bed everyday -- 
okay he sleeps on top of the blankets 
so he doesn't have to make his bed.
 
5.  He is a good student and 
I never have to worry about him 
getting his school work done.
6.  He is boy number five in our family.
It is a little strange now to only have two children at home
and the ratio is much more even --
one to one, instead of five to one.

But Blake keeps things very balanced 
and is not only a good brother to Gwen,
but probably her best friend.

I feel so blessed to have this fine young man as my son.

And yes Blake, I do love you!

2 comments:

Marcia said...

I love how Blake gives the sacramental prayers--he doesn't rush through it, they don't sound like they are being read. They are thoughtfully and humbly given--more so than any young man I have seen at his age. Thank you for making sacrament meeting more meaningful and spiritual for all of us. We miss you as one of our home teachers!

Bart and Em said...

Happy Birthday Blake!!!