Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Book Tag

I don't usually do tags! But this one sounded unusual.
I have been tagged by Amber. Here are the rules.
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages)
2. Turn to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog
5. Tag 5 people

I have been preparing for a lesson for my scripture study class and the first book I picked up was "Joseph Smith's First Vision" by Milton V. Backman, Jr. For those of you who don't know, I love history and I love to read about history. This book is very fascinating and I have read it several times. I turned to page 123 and it was just pictures of some of Joseph Smith's contemporaries.

The next book I picked up was "Teachings of Presidents of the Church - Joseph Smith." and here is sentence number 5:
"When has the Lord given you gifts to help you participate in His work?" As I thought about this I realized that the Lord has always given me gifts to be able to do His work. Whether in my calling or raising my children or any other part of my life, the Lord has always blessed me with talents and gifts. The challenge is to use what the Lord has given me which is always the best route or try to do it my way with my skills. The choice should be obvious, but I don't always do that. I am going to try and do better.

I guess what I do now is tag someone else. I tag Kari, Michelle, Kendra, Heidi and Kerri-Ann if she starts her blog.

I think every blog entry needs a picture so here is one time I did it the Lord's way. We had a wonderful Primary Activity at the Jordan River Temple where each child was able to touch the temple. Here is a picture of my Primary Children.

1 comments:

Jennybug said...

Lori, I loved this post. How Fun! I am excited to be blogging buddies with you. You are a totally cool blogger. I love the count down, that is really cool. I invited you to my blog. I enjoyed talking to you today. Hope your day is happy.