Friday, April 25, 2008

BYU Roomies

Freshman Roomies 1977-1978

In many ways it seems like just yesterday that I was a freshman at BYU. Several of my friends from Salt Lake were going to the Y that fall and rooming together. I decided to take a chance and move into Deseret Towers with a roommate that I didn't know. Of the many decisions I made when going away to school, that turned out to be one of the best. My roommate was amazing. Back in those days there was a "phone box" between two dorm rooms and the girls next door were wonderful too. The four of us quickly bonded and had a wonderful freshman year. The next year we found an apartment south of campus that we moved into together. I was the first to leave when I moved back to Salt Lake (to be closer to a boy -- Big Mistake!)

We have kept in touch with each other all these years. Three years ago we were able to all be together for the first time in 25 years. We vowed never to go that long again, but we live in 3 different states which makes that a challenge. Because of BYU graduation yesterday we were able to spend another wonderful day together and it was not nearly long enough. We laughed and enjoyed sharing each other's joys and heartaches. How blessed I was those 30+ years ago and how blessed I continue to be. Lovies to Paula, Sonja and Kim!!
Roomies in 2008

1 comments:

Jennybug said...

That is so much fun that you could all get together again. I love the then and now pictures.