I am reaching a milestone in my life -- I am turning 50! I know many of you are surprised to know that I am a half century old, but it is true. If you are surprised, I am flabbergasted! I know this is trite, but it seems like just yesterday I was leaving home and going off to college. And now I have two sons that are in college. Life seems to be zooming by at an ever increasing speed. I feel like I am so busy with children and their schedules, work, church, my mom and other commitments that there is not enough hours in the day.
Reaching this age has me reflecting (when I can't fall asleep at night) about many my life and the things I have done and have not done. I am pretty happy with the life I have led and paths I have taken over the years. But I got thinking about how I am not always appreciative of those that I love so much.
When I was a kid I loved The Carpenters and listened to their albums all the time. There was a song on one of them that impacted me way back then and still does when I hear it. It is called "Sometimes." I found it on YouTube and would like to post it. The video with it is okay, but it is the words of the song that I love.
So to those that mean so much to me -- Harold, Ben, Bry, Brandon, Bradley, Blake and Gwen, my family and friends -- I love you!
Reaching this age has me reflecting (when I can't fall asleep at night) about many my life and the things I have done and have not done. I am pretty happy with the life I have led and paths I have taken over the years. But I got thinking about how I am not always appreciative of those that I love so much.
When I was a kid I loved The Carpenters and listened to their albums all the time. There was a song on one of them that impacted me way back then and still does when I hear it. It is called "Sometimes." I found it on YouTube and would like to post it. The video with it is okay, but it is the words of the song that I love.
So to those that mean so much to me -- Harold, Ben, Bry, Brandon, Bradley, Blake and Gwen, my family and friends -- I love you!


2 comments:
Happy Birthday! That is a big exciting birthday! Hope you do something as grand as you are! ;-)
Happy Birthday Lori! Your family and friends are very lucky to have you in their lives!
Post a Comment